Last spring, Gov. Kay Ivey approved three major road projects in Madison County and pledged 60% of state funds to support them, with the cities of Huntsville and Madison and the Madison County Commission collaborating to provide the remaining 40%. The state-funded projects include widening Interstate 565 from County Line Road to Wall Triana Highway, widening U.S. 72 West from Providence Main to Nance Road and widening Alabama Highway 53 from Taurus Drive to Harvest Road. All three projects are priorities in Round 2 of the Huntsville-area Restore Our Roads plan and are expected to have far reaching impacts for commuters in north Alabama.
Read More on BusinessAlabama.com: https://businessalabama.com/spotlight-on-madison-county-community-development-2/